Data Scientist Partner Management Improve partner processes and support partner performance operations.
- 4-7 years
Do you have an unsatisfiable appetite for data and want to help us improve our partner processes?
At bol.com, we want to make sure that all partners have a great experience on our platform while being compliant with our policies. We have more than 50K partners, and it is our challenge to detect and advise the partners who need to improve, as well as find ways to automate the internal partner- and decision-making processes.
The Data Science-powered team within the Partner Management department is looking for one more Data Scientist to join the journey and help find creative solutions using data science and machine learning. As a Data Scientist in this team, you will work together with fellow data scientists, machine learning engineers and a product owner.
What do you do as a data scientist at Partner Management
The Data Science-powered team leverages data and internal knowledge to create and improve partner performance and decision making processes. We have an experimentation mindset and we work on all aspects of the data science life-cycle. We start with 1) understanding the current processes, policies and hurdles, 2) experimenting and testing various approaches to solving or improving them 3) communicating and aligning with our stakeholders and 4) productionizing the best solutions which bring impact to our internal and external users.
As a Data Scientist within Partner Management your main responsibilities will be:
- Talking to our users to understand their problems and figure out creative ways to solve them using data. You also come up with potential ideas and opportunities yourself.
- Creating and validating predictive models that automate and improve partner performance operations.
- Understanding the purpose of the surrounding business and enabling engineers and non-technical colleagues to understand what you can do for them.
- Collaborating closely with other data scientists and engineers in your team to productionize the predictive wonders that you produce.
The person we are looking for has a love for all things data, has at least one of many senses of humor (loving emojis is a plus), is happy to collaborate, comes up with new ideas and knows how to balance structure with progress.
We create experimental code, training pipelines and predictive services in Python, the go-to language for ML.
We are looking for a person that:
- Believes in the agile / iterative approach
- Can make trade-offs between immediate results and long-term viability
- Has a “Getting things done” mentality
- Comfortable in a team where the design of the end-state is not yet known
- Open to brainstorm and discuss potential solutions together
A good portion of these Must Haves:
- Background in data science, AI or equivalent
- Senior data scientist, at least 4 years of work experience
- Experience in applying Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Experience in applying NLP / Information Retrieval techniques
- Experience in programming in Python
- Experience using either sklearn/keras/tensorflow
- Ability to write queries in SQL (e.g. BigQuery)
- Willingness to learn other technologies
- Willingness to help anybody understand your models
- You are sociable and keen on building relationships with fellow data scientists and engineers in your product and within the Data Science community
- Proven contribution in extracting value from data in an agile team setting
Nice To Haves
- Experience with model serving
- Experience in using Cloud solutions
- Experience in using Google’s AI platform
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - . Your attention span drops right after the POC phase
- - . You only want to be involved in the modeling part (the other parts of the pipeline do not interest you)
- - . You like flying solo
- + . You are keen to be involved in the entire Data Science lifecycle
- + . You are happy to mix and mingle within the business to explain the DS way of working / thinking / solving problems
- + . You feel responsible for making an idea into reality
Where you’ll work
As a Data Scientist you’ll be at the center of our data intensive landscape. Our business model is focused on technology, and data-driven improvements that drive innovation for our customers are our bread and butter. The data science community in bol.com is a growing team of unique data savvy professionals, consisting of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers and Software Engineers. The cross-functional teams, with ample representation from the business units, also give you a complete picture of the organization. Professional success in data science requires more than any university can teach you, and bol.com is the perfect place to learn the rest. The setting is informal, pragmatic and innovative. Our success is based on collaborating as equals and continuously learning from each other. You can achieve great things alone. Even better things together.
Bol.com is de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief that this story will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. To all of you: we want to hear your story. Together we will be able to truly be ‘’De winkel van ons allemaal’.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.
The extra'sThis includes a telephone, training sessions, a nice lunch and possibly a lease car, if this is necessary for the performance of your job.