How do you make our customers happy?
With 47,000 partner sellers, bol.com is changing retail to simplify daily life for 13 million customers. Together, we offer 34 million articles. You could binge shop for years! ? But we strive for much more than a large selection. Our ambition is to be a relevant store. Every time the customer sees us. Which is why we’re transforming our paradigm from ‘one size fits all’ to personal shopping. This gives our 900 tech professionals across 180 autonomous scrum teams every opportunity to shine. For example, by building a next best message machine that uses advanced algorithms to always serve the right message. Want to help build it?
The biggest challenge
With dozens of shops, thousands of offers, and countless campaigns each year, we could ‘fire off’ an infinite number of marketing messages. But what kind of information inspires which customers? At what time? And at which touchpoint? Bol.com uses Pegasystems’ Customer Decision Hub to determine the next best message for individual customers. This platform is linked to our 360-degree customer view and integrated with all channels. E.g., our webshop, app (push), and email, as well as our social, display advertising, and customer service systems. The desired outcome: consistent and relevant communication. The biggest challenge is to scale and future-proof this effort. Because everything at bol.com is XXL, so stellar performance and maintainability are not always easy asks…
Your responsibilities as egasystems System Architect
You and your colleague engineers work with a cutting edge tech stack: Google Cloud Platform and Apache big data & machine learning. We don’t put band-aids on legacy solution here but offer an environment that challenges you to discover and embrace new tooling. You are part of (hi and welcome!) a multidisciplinary innovation scrum team, where you work intensively with software engineers, business analysts, and data scientists. We (passionately) believe in ownership, so your team develops features end-to-end. Autonomy is also a core value. This makes us stronger! So we expect you to make tough (technical) calls and own your decisions, even the occasional ones that don’t work out. It’s no surprise that our mantra is: you build it – you run it – you love it! Good to know: your team is part of Customer Core Technology, a mix of scrum teams that transforms ‘raw’ customer data into valuable information that facilitates relevant marketing messages for all of our channels.
- You help build the cornerstone of our mission-critical Pega implementation
- You develop a scalable, future-proof platform, embed it in the complex bol.com landscape, and ensure it runs smoothly
- You help your team grow and, with your business stakeholders, maximize the customer value of Pega
- You are end-to-end responsible for team solutions and own all decisions, including those that don’t pan out
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - More than knowledge No, if your Pega credentials aren’t backed up by work experience
- - Step into the unknown No, if you need to know now what the world will look like next month
- - Led by the hand No, if you like to be led by the hand; autonomy and ownership are not your thing #for-issues-try-two-doors-down
- + You know Pega Yes, if you’re certified, know the Pega platform like the back of your hand, and have worked with Pega CDH before
- + Cassandra who? Yes, if you know that Kafka and Cassandra aren’t just famous historical figures
- + Our culture Yes, if you want to work at a market leader that feels like a scaleup
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where more than 13 million customers can choose from over 34 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 47,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with about 2,400 colleagues. As Pegasystems System Architect, you’re part of an innovation team you can count on for feedback (continuous) and personal development (ditto). The setting? Think ‘campus’, including a game room and soccer field. Despite our size, we don’t believe in inflexible rules and strict organizational hierarchies. We’re a market leader that doesn’t behave like a stuffy corporate. Promise.
Perks of having a blue heart
On and offAt bol.com we understand like no other that you have to take care of yourself first, then your environment and then bol.com. In that order. Therefore, everyone at bol.com receives 29 days of vacation.
RelocationBol.com wants to ensure that you make the best possible transition. We offer relocation assistance to the Netherlands from the moment you have the job.
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!