Procurement Specialist Category MHE Taking responsibility for the CAPEX/OPEX category Material Handling Equipment
- Bachelor / Master
- 4-7 years
How do you make our customers happy?
As a procurement Specialist Category MHE you will help bol.com in creating more value with the same resources or the same value for less resources. You achieve this by using you specific knowledge and expert view on the supplier market.
With the development of our logistics footprint you are constantly automizing parts of the supply chain and ensuring that there will be as least as possible down time to ensure our customer gets their ordered product on time, in full and in one piece as was promised when they ordered the products.
Your biggest challenge?
As a function within bol.com procurement is responsible for the ‘Not for Resale’ sourcing of products/services. Not for resale contains categories such as Real Estate, Logistics, IT or Marketing.
Procurement is also a unit that is in a transition towards becoming a strategic internal consultant for which we are looking for the right candidate that brings technical expertise and market knowledge to the team.
Translating this knowledge and expertise to effectively be that strategic consultant takes stakeholder management to the next level and knows how to move project forward with the correct market trends from the start.
To achieve this we are looking for a specialist which is not only gets energy from reaching the best deal possible but also shares the same enthusiasm in MHE technology, innovation, forging relations and being involved in large scale CAPEX or OPEX projects as many of our colleagues within bol.com do.
What do you do as a Procurement Specialist?
You will drive the full sourcing process from gather requirements to guarding implementation of multiple contracts and take responsibility for several commodities. In this you are:
- Responsible for the planning, sourcing and contract management of spend categories:
- Applying planning & category management: Drafts & recommends a strategy for a category, and coordinates with business partners to solicit input; manages pipeline
- Driving strategic sourcing: Responsible for day-to-day sourcing activities & running sourcing events end to end (incl. negotiating with suppliers)
- Supporting contract management: supports set up of contracts with Legal, Business & IT security; drafts contracts using templates for small/tactical suppliers
- Develops and negotiates new CAPEX / OPEX contracts and OPEX SLA contract renewals, and manages active contracts
Beyond this you will take on responsibility for supplier mgmt. for small, tactical suppliers, and recommend the business on how to manage large, strategic suppliers (e.g., actions to take, agenda for quarterly or portfolio meetings). Al the while owning the process towards the market and suppliers. In this process you will bring added value through innovation, speedy project delivery, simplifying the complexity of services and translating this in to successful long term sourcing strategies.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - You dislike changes If you dislike change and prefer to get the details done but lose the abstract view
- - You find it difficult to separate business over relationships When you find it difficult to separate business over relationships and feel that having a to the point discussion on the content impacts long term relations
- - You rather work alone Find it difficult to deal with stakeholders of all levels and see that your workload can be influenced by every one key stakeholder
- + You have the right experience With your proven experience of at least 5 years in sourcing high value CAPEX/OPEX project and service contracts you are able to help your internal business partners with specific knowledge in the sourcing of largest scale integrated systems incl. shuttle storage, robots, packing machines, sorting machines, transport equipment and so on.
- + You understand how to connect You are able to bring abstract commercial topics back to practical examples and understand how to connect, level and challenge senior stakeholders.
- + You know your stuff You see the supplier market as your playground and know how to effectively reach the best candidates for your sourcing events which see you as their counterpart because you know your stuff.
What your landing spot looks like
You will start with the Logistics procurement team in which you will drive the MHE category and all connected commodities. The Logistics procurement team is part of the larger procurement department of in total 13 colleagues and counting. Procurement is a department with three sourcing teams and supporting strategy or operational teams. As a department Procurement is part of the Finance function of bol.com and has a supporting role throughout all the fields of business within bol.com varying from Logistics to IT to Marketing.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!
The extra'sThis includes a telephone, training sessions, a nice lunch and possibly a lease car, if this is necessary for the performance of your job.
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.