Product Analyst Advertising Business Foundations Your mission is to solidify our position as an attractive advertising platform
- Bachelor / Master
- 4-7 years
How do you make our customers happy?
Advertising is an increasingly important component of bol.com’s overall strategy. On the one hand, we strive to maximize campaign performance for partners, brands, and agencies. On the other hand, we want to ensure that ad views directly contribute to customer happiness, e.g., by helping customers easily find just the right product(s). But this isn’t an either-or proposition, because advertising ‘done right’ adds significant value for advertisers and customers alike. In this role, you solidify our advertising product’s fundamentals by building, maintaining, and optimizing tools that help users and advertisers get the most out of our product.
The biggest challenge
Our sales and operational departments are shockingly good at their jobs 😉: they sell and execute more and increasingly successful advertising campaigns each year. We now need to scale the business while safeguarding reliable outcomes. At the same time, the Advertising domain is also growing and innovating at breakneck speed, which entails onboarding and supporting additional advertising products, technology, and client groups. This means we need to make tough choices every day about which innovations to work on.
What you’ll do as a Product Analyst Advertising Business Foundations
Analyze our efforts and translate your insights into actionable recommendations for our products. Ultimately, you set out to create value. For your product. And for in- and external customers. As a Product Analyst, you are ideally positioned to drive data-driven decision-making processes (continue/pivot/kill) by weighing in during exploratory stages and ongoing experiments. We also expect you to support your Product Manager with the right insights to validate the strategic direction of the product.
- Dive in and develop an in-depth understanding of the drivers of user behavior
- Apply your process mapping skills in translating business problems to solutions
- Apply your SQL skills to transform data into insights and clearly define our product metrics: you know exactly what drives us!
- Run experiments and perform statistical tests to ‘discover the unknown,’ monitor to what extent innovations yield the desired results, and advise changes
- Visualize and safeguard the products’ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and discuss results with product team colleagues
- Translate user data findings into recommendations and opportunities for product teams
- Promote our analytics platform and help products embrace a more data-driven approach, e.g., through innovation impact analysis
Your main focus will be on innovations in and around Advendio, a tailor made external software solution based on Salesforce that facilitates media selling and advertising processes. That calls for serious deep dives into the data, and an aptitude for aligning a myriad of stakeholders. The setting of the product is complex. For one, you can’t ‘just’ zoom in on details, because you have to take the overall strategy into account. You’ll approach problems from all angles, determine root causes, dependencies, and overall impact, and come up with creative solutions. And you’ll verify the validity and added value of your solutions through iterative experimentation, often working closely with the engineers in the team, while keeping all stakeholders firmly in the loop. Plus: there is always room for our own innovations, so if you see clever ways to optimize processes, share them. Propose your ideas to improve our product-led way of working.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - Excel is the only tool in your arsenal SQL is highly overrated and you’re not tech savvy and don’t love to keep up with the latest developments in tech and advertising.
- - You believe data-savviness and creativity are mutually exclusive You are great with data but lack creative problem-solving skills. Or vice versa.
- - You live in a silo And rarely venture outside: stakeholders are a nuisance
- + Always learning You are already well-versed in your field and would love to learn more about analytics, software development and product-led ways of working
- + You happily experiment the day away Research and experimentation are like candy to you, and even tastier with a dollop of SQL and Python
- + You contribute on all levels You love sharing your unique knowledge and feel the same about learning from others: the more we share, the stronger team and department will become
This is where you’ll land
As a Product Analyst, you will be onboarded in the Advertising Business Foundations team. The team currently consists of a product manager, 2 product owners, 2 analysts and 9 software engineers and is part of the Advertising product domain. Advertising is a key domain within the bol.com ecosystem and characterized by an energetic approach and a talent to facilitate advertisers with effective and highly relevant media propositions. We combine unique shopper data and shopper context to create powerful communication solutions for our partners and put their offers firmly in the customer spotlight. We take a multidisciplinary approach and enable our teams. Our guiding principles also include valuing roles over functions, bestowing trust and ownership, and continuously developing our teams and the people that empower them.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
RelocationBol.com wants to ensure that you make the best possible transition. We offer relocation assistance to the Netherlands from the moment you have the job.
On and offAt bol.com we understand like no other that you have to take care of yourself first, then your environment and then bol.com. In that order. Therefore, everyone at bol.com receives 29 days of vacation.
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.