Product Analyst Optimal Checkout Co-creator of millions of happy checkout experiences
- Bachelor / Master
- 4-7 years
- 5,000 - 6,500
How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make everyday life easier for 13 million customers. We are joined on this mission by 51.000 partners who do business on our platform. Together, we offer customers an assortment of a whopping 31 million articles. This translates into a vast number of customer-partner interactions. Plus, a data gold mine you could literally get lost in, comprised of ‘basic’ shopping behavior data and payment and delivery preferences. What patterns can we detect in our checkout data? What choices do customers make? And how can these insights be applied to make the checkout more personal and relevant? In this role, you deliver insights that ‘feed’innovation; nutrition for a seamless, pleasant, and highly converting customer journey!
What you’ll do as a Product Analyst Optimal Checkout experience?
You’ll work in an environment where the goal is to smoothly, swiftly, and robustly facilitate a growing number of orders. Together with your team, you’ll discover opportunities that help customers fill their baskets with exactly the right products, sail through the checkout, and eagerly review their purchases. Given the setting, data opportunities are everywhere, but not all insights are created equal. 😉 So, we have to prioritize and focus on insights with a the most impact. How can we boost the conversion rate? How can we maximize the relevance of our delivery and payment options? Your challenge is to derive actionable insights from customer behavior patterns and enable the team to turn those into business and customer value. To make your mark, you’ll need strong analytical skills (if Excel is your be-all and end-all tool, this might not be your ideal job), combined with the ability to explain complex issues in a way that’s easy to understand. You’ll work with a team of 10 product colleagues, who you’ll empower to make intelligent, data-driven decisions. No gut feelings allowed: it’s all about projects that demonstrably add customer value.
- You gather and analyze data to underpin product decisions and identify new data-driven opportunities.
- You develop a solid data strategy and consult with the team to ensure we identify and collect all the data that matters.
- You translate our product strategy into concrete goals, metrics, and KPIs (SQL).
- You track and communicate progress through easily digestible data visualizations.
- You collaborate with the product and data teams to ensure high-quality data through tests and alerts (Python, GIT, and airflow are your best friends).
- You promote a hypothesis-driven way of working and provide recommendations to prioritize product improvements.
- You work with the product team to realize structured product improvements by following an experiment-first approach: statistical modeling is the way to go.
- You drive close collaboration between the data and tech tooling teams.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - No quantitative foundation You’re not so great at mathematics, data science, statistics and/or econometrics,
- - Simple stories are for kids You can’t translate complex topics into coherent, simple stories for non-domain experts.
- - Curiosity killed the cat You don’t care much for the bigger picture: conducting market analysis and asking the right questions won’t lead to better solutions.
- + Independently close You cherish your autonomy but also love to get up close and personal and guide colleagues: you communicate effectively with all audiences, no matter their backgrounds, skills, and levels of seniority.
- + Data native You were a member of (a) data team(s) before, so you know your way around BigQuery, Airflow, DBT, and Git.
- + It’s all about value That’s your mantra, so you would love to contribute to product discovery and help us create value for the customer and the business.
This is where you’ll work
At one of the best-known online retail tech platforms in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 13 million customers can choose from over 36 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 51,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’ because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999, and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 3,000 colleagues.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!
The extra'sThis includes a telephone, training sessions, a nice lunch and possibly a lease car, if this is necessary for the performance of your job.
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.