How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million customers. A mission we take on with 47000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with customer-centric propositions. Combined, we offer 34 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute. (Black Friday, 2020). Given this huge volume and our rapid growth, you’ll appreciate how important it is to keep our IT infrastructure up and running.
The biggest challenge
Consistent. Scalable. Secure. This is what our platform is, and needs to remain, because it’s the bedrock that 100+ scrum teams and site reliability teams build on to put smiles on the faces of 12 million customers. So our Service Delivery Managers do what it takes to keep everything humming. Usually they succeed on their own, but occasionally incidents require a cross-functional solution. Can you keep your cool in these situations, so that management can too?
As Service Delivery Manager, you are an important link between all product teams (Business & IT) in your product domain. You ensure that all teams work towards a secure and reliable platform without hampering innovation speed. You achieve this by designing and safeguarding processes – potentially in collaboration with colleague Service Delivery Managers – that accommodate the teams’ Way of Working.
You manage projects that make our infrastructure better and more reliable. You also coordinate activities across teams. With large IT projects, you work together with your colleague SDMs and represent your domain. You provide structure when incidents arise and ensure we stay on top of issues and work towards quick and conclusive solutions. You inform all stakeholders, including managers up to the board level, about the status and progress of repairs. Operationally, you facilitate patch cycles to ensure stability, plan hardware replacements, and coordinate all changes (including cloud and network related). Finally, you make sure that all systems are ready at go-live moments.
- Safeguard the continuity and availability of our IT infrastructure
- Manage the overall incident management process
- Inform and align stakeholders (scrum teams, management, business)
- Provide advice for go-live and improvements
- Initiate and manage improvement processes
- Boost processes and Ways of Working to further enhance systems’ reliability
- Write progress reports (project progress, capacity)
Why you can make the difference
Because you have excellent hard skills and soft skills. You are great at organizing, prioritizing, and structuring. You also know how to inspire and get people on board. Your outgoing personality – enthusing, collaborative – is just as valuable as your domain knowledge. These qualities win support from colleagues – developers with whom you work continuously – and keep managers on your side. You also have a solid track record managing 24/7 web environments, demonstrable project management skills, and an uncanny ability to multiple plates spinning.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - You’re only interested in keeping things running No, if you’re only interested in keeping things running, not in managing improvements
- - You’re only sensitive when it comes to you No, if you’re only sensitive when it comes to you
- - You’ve already learned everything you want to learn No, if you’ve already learned everything you want to learn, and look forward to coasting on that knowledge
- + You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Management Yes, if you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Management
- + You bring 3+ years of relevant experience to the table Yes, if you bring 3+ years of relevant experience to the table (the more the merrier!) and preferably started your career as an IT management trainee
- + You understand that the wisdom of the crowd can overcome any crisis Yes, if you understand that the wisdom of the crowd can overcome any crisis. On your own, you can’t
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 13 million customers can choose from over 28 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 47,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and 2500 colleagues. And hopefully together with you! You can achieve great results on your own as Service Delivery Manager, and even greater results with your colleagues.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
On and offAt bol.com we understand like no other that you have to take care of yourself first, then your environment and then bol.com. In that order. Therefore, everyone at bol.com receives 29 days of vacation.
RelocationBol.com wants to ensure that you make the best possible transition. We offer relocation assistance to the Netherlands from the moment you have the job.
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!