How do you make our customers happy?
Advertisements annoying? Not if they are highly relevant, contribute positively to product selection and/or inspire customers to discover brands and items that seamlessly match their interests and tastes! And those are promises that advertising through bol.com encapsulates.
The bol.com Retail Media Group brings relevant advertising solutions to our partners, ranging from absolute A-brands to attic startups that excel in a niche segment. To help us become the top advertising platform in the Benelux, we are looking for someone who can and wants to set the strategic lines. Something for you? Welcome to the (according to immediate colleagues) most exciting and (according to everyone, including management) strategic growth pillar of bol.com!
The biggest challenge
Advertising Strategy & Business Development (‘AS&BD’) is responsible for the long-term Retail Media strategy. On the one hand, this is achieved by closely following market developments and responding proactively to trends. And on the other hand by initiating innovations, in close cooperation with colleagues in Product and Technology. The AS&BD team develops and directs complex (internal organization-transcending) programs, which are characterized by a broad and diverse stakeholder base. Because our growth ambitions will only become reality if we consistently make the right strategic choices, this role requires the ability to work data-driven, coupled with talent for fostering synergy with our partners. Understanding their current challenges is often the key to success. It’s up to you to overcome those challenges, along with your Retail Media colleagues.
What you do as Advertising Strategy & Business Developer
As Advertising Strategy & Business Developer, you report directly to the Head of Strategy & Business Development and you are in the lead of initiating, driving and operationally anchoring strategic projects at all organizational levels. For example, creating commitment and traction in the introduction of new advertising business models. Or identifying, exploiting and maximizing synergy benefits with Ahold Delhaize.
Although you will sometimes zoom in on one (large-scale) project, you will often work on multiple projects simultaneously, usually in collaboration with cross-functional teams and executives. The position requires a high degree of ownership, as you operate with strong autonomy and pull projects from start to finish line. Although scalability is a rock-solid requirement, the rapid developments mean that you regularly have to think on your feet. So your strategic and conceptual qualities will be called upon as well as your management and tactical talents in order to realize impact.
- You provide continuous support in sharpening and adjusting the Retail Media Strategy.
- You identify and analyze opportunities and threats, taking into account the strategy, the financial impact and implications for our customers and partners
- You drive strategic projects, direct the implementation and stimulate adoption
- You are co-author and ambassador of new, sometimes disruptive advertising related business models
- You coach and enable multidisciplinary teams to turn concepts and ideas into reality
- You manage stakeholders, at all organizational levels, and you are liaison to counterparts at Ahold Delhaize and its affiliated brands
3 redenen waarom dit (n)iets voor jou is
- - You are a 100% pure strategist You immediately (and definitively) quit when the conversation shifts to operational translation
- - You worship the rake You regard hierarchy as sacrosanct and therefore manage project teams in a nice, rigid fashion
- - You are not a real fan/connoisseur You don't follow advertising and e-commerce developments and suspect that retail media advertising is a very modest cherry on the sales cake
- + Your background advertises itself You combine a Master's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience, for example as a Strategy Consultant or as a member of the strategy team within an appealing organization
- + You breathe in data and breathe out inspiring insights You have a data-driven attitude and can bring insights in such a way that stakeholders are captivated by them and want to make work of them
- + You are a challenger Working for a challenger in advertising appeals to you; you also dare to challenge others if the situation calls for it
This is where you come in
Bol.com offers Advertising Strategy & Business Developers the space to distinguish themselves personally and to develop. Learning from your peers is almost a ‘fringe benefit’. Feedback is a constant. Multidisciplinary projects are the rule. As Advertising Strategy & Business Developer, you are non-stop challenged to translate concepts directly into reality and (thus) you experience the impact on stakeholders firsthand. Our strength is working together. You can achieve great things on your own. Together with your colleagues you get further.
Wij creëren een omgeving waarin we de kracht van diversiteit benutten.
De voordelen van een blauw hart
Aan en uitBij bol.com snappen we als geen ander dat je eerst voor jezelf moet zorgen, dan voor je omgeving en dan voor bol.com. In die volgorde. Daarom krijgt iedereen bij bol.com 29 vakantiedagen.
De cultuur en het kantoorOnze collega’s werken keihard om het dagelijks leven van onze klanten makkelijker en leuker te maken. Maar dit doen we uiteraard wel in een inspirerende en creatieve omgeving met leuke activiteiten!
In de bonusAan het eind van het jaar krijg je een bonus, en dat sluiten we altijd af met een leuk feestje!