How do you make our customers happy?
Together with our 47,000 partner sellers, bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 13 million customers. We want to optimize every aspect of our proposition for convenience. For example our website, our App and the user environment. If we can make anything more customer-oriented, rest assured, we will. For everyone but particularly for our most loyal customers. We’re rapidly growing, and we’re looking for a passionate and curious Business Analyst to strengthen our Loyalty Product team. This is a gratifying job because this team is responsible for, among other things, the Select loyalty proposition and Kobo plus subscriptions.
The biggest challenge
At bol.com, we don’t consider customer satisfaction a bonus; it’s our mantra. The happier our customers are, the more frequently they return, the more they order, and the more vigorously they recommend us. One of the biggest challenges for the Loyalty Product team is how to make loyal customers even happier. This sounds simple but it does involve, for example, bundling ‘distinct’ loyalty initiatives. This is where you come in: as Business Analyst, you’re in the lead when it comes to translating our loyalty proposition into opportunities for the bol.com apps.
Your responsibilities as Business Analyst Loyalty Product (App)
- Slice and dice plans into testable experiments. Start small, test, validate, and iterate.
- Prodigiously A/B test because experimentation is key to successfully developing our loyalty proposition and Apps.
- Identify the required teams and services to realize innovations. What data do you need? What systems contain that data? Which teams do you need to supply that data, and at what stage of the project?
- You lead multiple innovation projects and consider all contingencies.
- You constantly discuss ideas with designers, the product owner, your product team, and all other stakeholders to achieve the best results for customers.
- While you focus on developing our loyalty program for our Apps, you’ll also make field trips to, e.g., web colleagues. Because every team wants to pollinate the rest of the organization with their great ideas. How can we learn from each other? For example, you might share potentially relevant A/B test results with Web.
As Business Analyst Loyalty Product (App), you identify and analyze opportunities to utilize user data and/or implement business requests. You develop hypotheses, experiment (the key to successful changes), and translate insights into concise requirements and attainable user stories for the Apps loyalty program. A specific question would be ‘how can we present push messages when our customers’ favorite articles go on sale as part of a Select Deal?’
You determine relevant KPIs and evaluate them during and after projects. You also promote the mobile (both Web and App) mindset within bol.com. How can you make colleagues aware of how customers really use our channels so that we base decisions on hard data instead of on ‘soft’ assumptions. This role requires you to focus on lifting the loyalty proposition to a higher plane with innovations for Web as well as Apps. How can Web and Apps learn from each other? Also, how does an Apps-user differ from a Web visitor? You frequently initiate discussions, promote effective forms of cooperation, and create a pleasant and stimulating atmosphere. To maximize your impact, you need to be a great listener and know when to challenge ideas, including within your own team of very invested colleagues. Challenging is in your blood. As is collaborating because we deliver our best customer-oriented results by pooling our expertise.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you want to improve our (loyal) customers’ lives a little bit each day
- Yes, if you’re also interested in the underlying technology and can easily shift between discussing issues with developers and business stakeholders
- Yes, if you can convey your data-driven and experimental (CRO) experience and mindset to others
- No, if A/B tests, iterative innovations, and evaluations make you drowsy
- No, if you want a strictly delimited BA role #tunnelvision4life
- No, if you’re a soloist; teamwork never improved anything
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 13 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 33 million articles. A platform that helps 47,000 commercial partners run their business. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it. You’ll work in Shopping Core Tech, the innovation department that optimizes a substantial part of the customer journey, from first contact (website or app) to checkout. Think of apps, webshop, voice, customer service/account, relevant shopping experience, subscriptions, and checkout. Our teams are multidisciplinary, and we are serious about enabling them to do their job well. We consider roles more important than job titles, we trust colleagues to live up to their responsibilities, and we focus on personal development. And yes, we have a slogan: Together we make it happen! Because we believe in making our own success!
Bol.com, de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief, that this will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. We invite you to share your story with us. Because when you bring different people together, the most beautiful things will arise.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)