How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com wants to win lifelong customer fans with on-point customer support. We are increasingly automating the ‘easy’ questions with self-service tools and bots. And this is great, but it means our human service experts and partners now mainly field complex issues. How can we ensure these questions are resolved correctly and by the right person? The answer is by providing tools that empower and facilitate colleagues and partners. So which new tools and ways of working add the most value? Is there any friction in our processes? We look to you to make our performance measurable, spot opportunities, and propose solutions. All based on advanced analytics.
Your responsibilities as Data Analyst Service Tooling Innovation
- Spot patterns in a sea of structured and unstructured data
- Translate (combinations of) data points into actionable insights, e.g., with correlation analyses
- Assist with financial forecasts and reports by quantifying the team’s costs and savings
- Monitor the team’s KPIs and explain variances from the forecast
- Advise on quantifying the success of solutions based on hypotheses and experiments
- Help improve data definitions and future definitions
- Spot potential data issues and take steps to solve them
- Support and inspire team members, encourage them to make (better) use of data
As Data Analyst Service Tooling Innovation, you apply your data expertise to determine which innovations add the most customer value and how they will perform upon introduction. You are the eyes and ears of the team, recognize patterns in data where others only see data points, and develop insights that enable you to act. This largely involves explaining trends, testing hypotheses, validating innovations, and evaluating existing initiatives/ strategies. What works? What might work? What doesn’t work? Also in scope: identifying latent or underdeveloped customer, partner, and service expert needs.
We also expect you to claim a major role in the team when it comes to interpreting our KPIs. You obviously follow all developments in your field, experiment with exciting new tools (in time that will include machine learning), and share your insights and experiences with enthusiasm so that colleagues can take the next steps. In this role, you work with project managers and business analysts in your team (validate hypotheses and business cases), process analysts (increase our ability to measure success and innovate processes), data analysts (share insights), the budget- and chain manager, and the program platform manager.
This is what you’re mining for in Service Innovation data
- Data on system usage
- Usage of the system for resolving customer questions
- Usage of the system that contains our policy
- Usage of the chat system that customers use to communicate with service experts
- Performance data on service experts and partners, including resolution times, number of sessions, types of customer questions, chosen solutions, and so forth
- KPI information, customer data and feedback (NPS and reviews)
Why you can make the difference
Because you’re a conceptually strong Data Analyst rearing to work on concrete projects. Predictive modeling is your passion, and experience with data mining is a must. If you also have experience with process mining (we don’t have the tools… yet), that would be a welcome addition. We expect you to be comfortable writing SQL. Python or R skills would be nice. If your favorite tool is Tableau, you won’t have much of a learning curve. You have demonstrated your ability to process, interpret and model large data streams in previous roles. Your insights don’t just describe the past; they guide our path to the future.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you bring a relevant Master’s degree and 3+ years of relevant (!) work experience to the table
- Yes, if you’re comfortable with Six Sigma, Customer research, Econometrics, Marketing Intelligence and/or similar (research) roles
- Yes, if you can convey insights persuasively and lucidly, including potential actions and results
- No, if you want to be led by the hand and autonomous pioneering sounds scary
- No, if your noise-canceling headphones are glued to your head; you want to tune out hectic work environments and (even worse) colleagues with questions
- No, if you’re not interested in building predictive models
Where you’ll work
As Data Analyst Service Tooling Innovation, you work in the Service by People Innovation team, a mix of product owners, business analysts, and project managers. Our team works directly with the operations team and three IT teams to rapidly develop and implement a range of solutions. The atmosphere is open, unpretentious, innovative, and cooperative. Our strength is that we treat each other as equals and stimulate each other to become better. You can accomplish great things on your own at bol.com. And even better things with your colleagues.
Bol.com, de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief, that this will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. We invite you to share your story with us. Because when you bring different people together, the most beautiful things will arise.
What you get
What you get
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)