How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million customers. Together with 42,000 partners who do business on our retail tech platform, we currently offer 28.5 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute (Black Friday 2020). Because our partners generate 60% of all sales, the platform produces countless matches made in heaven. But there are still relationships that don’t work out and even a few that end in messy divorces. We want to minimize those numbers. As Data Analyst, you make a meaningful contribution to this by identifying and capitalizing on platform opportunities. That takes more than analytical skills (what needs to be done?); it also requires creating traction for your ideas. Right up your alley? Welcome aboard!
The biggest challenge
The more partners and products we deal with, the trickier it gets to oversee the quality and integrity of all the components. So we have to manage quality proactively, because quality is the key to customers’ hearts. We accomplish this thanks to our scalable product and partner policies. We treat data like GPS information: data tells us where the problems are and gives us insights to address those issues courteously yet resolutely.
Your responsibilities as Data Analyst
- You apply your SQL and Python skills to solve operational and strategic issues
- You zoom in on simple (for you!) aggregations, but also conduct advanced statistical tests and simulations – experimenting is a job requirement!
- You develop, monitor and safeguard the platform’s KPIs, and consult with colleague Business Analysts
- You help your team to create a state-of-the-art analytics environment in the Google Cloud (think Git, CI/CD, BigQuery, SQL, Python, Airflow, dbt, Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau and DataStudio)
- You’re an ambassador for our analytics platform and help colleagues take a more data-driven approach, for example, by building and promoting dashboards
- Your every analysis, recommendation and action contributes to boosting conscientious consumerism, e.g., by weighing in on (un)desirable product assortment choices
As Data Analyst, you’ll land in the Platform Quality department, the strict (but fair) platform peacekeepers. 😉 Your team focuses on several mission-critical topics, including partner performance: are delivery times met, are disputes resolved quickly and satisfactorily? Your domain also includes scalable fraud detection, identifying and removing counterfeit products, and spotting/acting against price gouging. As well as developing and fine-tuning KPIs that define what we mean by quality and what the wiggle room is. This role offers plenty of analytical challenges – you’re not dipping your toe in a puddle here; this is white water rafting – and as an extra bonus it comes with a large serving of social relevance. Together with your team, you’re constantly thinking about what ‘we’ consider acceptable. And where we draw the line. You also promote a data-driven way of working organization-wide. Not satisfied yet? Then inspire us; we’d love to hear your ideas on making things smarter, easier, more scalable or just plain nicer!
Why you can make the difference
Because you’re an enthusiastic team player who lives and breathes analytics. You combine solid technical skills with the ability to translate ‘abstract’ insights into specific improvement proposals. You enjoy discussing insights with colleagues and practically invented the feedback loop. And you inspire your team to reframe challenges as opportunities. Finally, you get a kick out of promoting conscientious consumerism: if you want to make a positive impact on society, you came to the right place.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you want to learn everything there is to know about analytics, software development, business intelligence and data science
- Yes, if SQL and Python are your home away from home
- Yes, if you want to share your knowledge and experience with others
- No, if you have a hard time forming and expressing your opinion. Your contribution in meetings is generally limited to shaking your head and nodding.
- No, if your work ends when you complete an analysis – who cares what they do with the results
- No, if you distrust new techniques and methods and rely on one-trick-pony power #safetyfirst
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 12 million customers can choose from over 28 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 42,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,300 colleagues.
Bol.com, de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief, that this will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. We invite you to share your story with us. Because when you bring different people together, the most beautiful things will arise.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)