How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is transforming retail to simplify daily life for 12 million customers. Not on our lonesome, but together with 39,000 partners who inspire customers with unique propositions. Together, we offer 33 million products on our retail tech platform. Due to the sheer number of products, insightful product information makes or breaks the customer experience and is key to platform success. If product information is correct, relevant, and easy to navigate, customers quickly find what they need. The more relevant our product information, the better the shopping experience. And that’s where you come in!
The biggest challenge
As the number of partners that sell products on our platform is rising, so is the amount and diversity of our product information. What do we need to change to make sure we serve our customers the most relevant product information efficiently at this scale? And how can we make our process easier, and more transparent and reliable for our 39,000 partners? One thing is certain: there are no plug-and-play solutions.
Your responsibilities as Data Analyst for Product Catalog?
- By using tools such as Big Query, Python, SQL and Tableau you reveal patterns in enormous amounts of (un)structured, mostly textual data
- You proactively translate questions into measurable hypotheses and make decisions based on the analyses
- You connect easily with stakeholders, both within and outside of your team, and connect dots with even greater ease to keep an overview of the entire data landscape
- You improve product information for our customers and simplify/streamline processes for our partners
As Data Analyst Product Catalog, you make an impact by initiating first-in-class innovations in the field of product information. You analyze and visualize complex, (un)structured cloud data, research ideas, and formulate and test hypotheses. This goes beyond just product information, because customer data (search behavior, conversion, returns, happiness, et cetera) of 39K partners is also in scope. You proactively design scalable scripts and algorithms to enrich and improve our data. Based on your analyses and designs, you and your team members build solutions to improve our product information, from major innovations to small pragmatic solutions. You are part of the Product Catalog team where you will work with several business analysts, product owners and software engineers. You will also work with stakeholders from across the organization.
Current challenges include
- How do we create a scalable way to see what kind of product information affects customer behavior and, ultimately, conversion?
- How do we adapt our data structure accordingly?
- How do we share these insights with our partners, so they can put their time to best use?
- How do we leverage machine learning methodologies to normalize products and product information (such as brands) and identify product relations (such as compatible products)?
Why you can make a difference
Because you are a Data Analyst with 2 to 3 years experience with backend processes who feels perfectly at ease in a dynamic environment. Given the complexity of the domain, proven affinity with IT and BigData are indispensable. That also goes for a talent to connect with and make people excited about a data-driven way of working – both within and outside of the team. You take an experimental approach and have a passion for validating ideas with small scale experiments. A basic understanding of the underlying technical processes and a radar for innovations that add value for customers/partners, are called for as well.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have an academic background, topped off with 2 years of experience as a Data analyst
- Yes, if Python, SQL and Google Big Query put a smile on your face
- Yes, if you are a proactive self-starter and are able to work towards your own goals in a structured way
- No, if you only like to run analyses without pausing to inspire your colleagues or other stakeholders with the results
- No, if you expect to research, build and deploy sophisticated machine learning models that have zero real-life applications.
- No, if you do not have experience managing projects or working with different types of stakeholders
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 12 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 33 million articles. A platform that helps 39,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999. And we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,300 colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Let’s change retail together to make every day of our customers’ life easier.
Please note that a cover letter is mandatory in this process.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)