How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is reinventing retail to make everyday life easier. And while we’re in the lead, we can only accomplish this with the help of the 30,000 partners that successfully run their own businesses on our platform. By working together, we’re boosting the customer value of our retail tech platform. Can you design the robust architecture we need to achieve the full extent of our platform ambitions? Your work will directly impact our partners and make it even easier for them to do business. Which in turn will generate significant customer benefits…
Your responsibilities as Enterprise Architect Reverse Logistics
- You apply your expertise in architecture to provide strategic C-Level counsel that measurably advances our product goals
- You enable our teams to attain their full potential by developing an ambitious vision on the architecture of our returns and retention channels
- You point all teams in the same direction and ensure our systems interact seamlessly
- You understand how the business is developing and use this insight to provide the right IT landscape for rapid innovations now, and in the future
- You win the trust of decision makers and counsel them on long-term initiatives that can further improve our returns and retention channels
- You are part of a self-steering product team in which IT and Business work closely together
Why you can make the difference
You speak the language of software engineers and business stakeholders and know how to get colleagues enthusiastic about your plans. As well as all other stakeholders you’ll encounter. These plans will transform the Reverse IT landscape from a cost center, focused on bol.com’s own products, to a value center that also provides invaluable services to help our partners efficiently manage their returns and repairs. These services include our efforts to minimize returns by generating insights and analyses for partner sellers and internal bol.com shop specialists. This requires that you combine visionary qualities with powerful communication skills. Good to know: you can fall back on an expert every step of the way and grow into this role.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have a master’s degree and experience modeling and optimizing application landscapes
- Yes, if you have a minimum of 1 year experience in supply chains and are ready to take the next step in Enterprise Architecture (we also invite you to apply if you’re currently an architect)
- Yes, if enlightening colleagues and generating enthusiasm gives you energy
- No, if you prefer to develop your vision in a black box and consider input from colleagues a distraction
- No, if a day without traditional architecture frameworks and tools (like TOGAF and Archimate) is a day not lived
- No, if you feel that as an architect you need only appeal to your authority to set the direction for others
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 11+ million customers can choose from 22+ million articles. The returns and repairs processes are supported by the Reverse team, a part of our Logics department. As Enterprise Architect Reverse Logistics you’ll also work on the bol.com Returns Center (BRC), which is becoming operational in stages this year. We’re using this new warehouse to implement a completely new returns process. A process that incorporates all the best practices we’ve learned. A process that we can scale, so that we can also offer our solutions to all of our online sellers. In short, we’re growing and innovating at record pace. Every improvement and innovation you accomplish – however small – adds value for our colleagues and customers. This platform will never be ‘done’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we don’t plan on stopping. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners and 2,000+ colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Because together we can change how retail works and make everyday life easier. With new opportunities each day.
What you get
What you get
Attention to youWe are continuously focused on innovation and getting better every day. Because we work in a dynamic environment and our organization is growing rapidly, your development will grow together with bol.com.
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)
Any questions? Contact
Login als medewerker en geniet van:
- Extra content voor je loopbaan
- Écht nieuwe vacatures
- Een betere, toegespitste ervaring