How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million customers. A mission we take on with 45,000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with attractive propositions. Combined, we offer 30 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute. As these numbers are rapidly growing, our architecture is becoming ever more complex, important and impactful. FinTech plays a key part in this architecture. Can you work with a team of architects to effectively guide the business and IT towards our shared FinTech ambitions? Boost the performance, scalability and reliability of our platform and the customer experience!
The biggest challenge
We recently transitioned into a product organization to accelerate IT development and maximize our business value. The resulting products are the building blocks of our retail tech platform. FinTech, with four products, is one of the larger domains, particularly when you consider our domain also includes Finance. All told, 110 colleagues work here, spread across 13 teams, and we keep 71 applications up and running. Our architects work with the product teams and promote a clear understanding of the IT environment, a solid vision. They also provide proactive advice on decisions that impact the bol.com landscape, and are always on the look-out for future proof coherence within this landscape. Do you want to work with a team of colleague architects to lift FinTech and Finance to a higher level? And can you exert influence based on facts, sound judgment and competence? Welcome aboard!
Your responsibilities as Enterprise Architect FinTech
- You work closely with business and IT Directors: together, you create an environment that offers ample scope for FinTech and Finance innovations
- You advise on decisions that impact the IT landscape, so that the right decisions are made, and the long-term strategy is respected
- You are responsible for the FinTech and Finance architecture vision and safeguard that products adhere to it
- You ensure the interoperability of products within your domain and with products in the seven other domains
- Together with two product architects (whom you inspire with your knowledge), you form the architecture team for the FinTech and Finance domain
- You assure we are sufficiently staffed and confer with product and domain management to add people when needed
- You are a key advisor to the architecture Management Team regarding continuous improvement and actively help set and achieve quarterly targets
As Enterprise Architect FinTech, you are one of the main drivers of thriving, architecture-driven FinTech products. We rely on you and the product architects that you coach to enable domain and product team success. You accomplish this by applying your leadership qualities to inspire the FinTech Architecture team to adopt a solid vision on architecture. A vision that paves the way for achieving long-term FinTech and Finance strategies and optimally integrating processes, the organization, and systems. This is the foundation for a superb customer experience! And it is a foundation that can handle continuous growth and complexity and provide a solid and cohesive underpinning for retail tech platform success. But you will need more than a robust vision on architecture; you also have to connect stakeholders and effectively manage dependencies.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have a solid track record (8+ years) in (enterprise) architecture, with leadership experience and demonstrable FinTech affinity as cherries on top
- Yes, if you have earned your architecture stripes and can (therefore) effortlessly switch between multiple, sometimes conflicting interests and stakeholders, and always keep your eye on the big picture and our goals
- Yes, if you are convinced that architecture decisions should be based on persuasiveness and storytelling
- No, if you think architects require a hierarchical authority to be successful
- No, if you can’t wait to apply detailed traditional architecture models and/or write epic amounts of documentation
- No, if you are allergic to heady, fact-based discussions
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 12 million customers can choose from over 30 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 45,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and 2,200 colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Because together we can change retail to make daily life simpler.
Bol.com, de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief, that this will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. We invite you to share your story with us. Because when you bring different people together, the most beautiful things will arise.
What you get
What you get
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)