How do you make our customers happy?
By safeguarding and fortifying ‘the foundation’ of our fulfillment, data centers and google cloud; it’s your job to ensure that our (complex!) network infrastructure does what it’s supposed to do. An important role, because you install, configure and patch networking hardware that ensure the orders of 10 million customers get processed quickly. And the order count can be dizzying; during the previous holiday season our customers placed 20 orders per second! Hiccups in the infrastructure are not an option. Can you shoulder that responsibility? Conquer the networking galaxy!
Your responsibilities as Network Engineer
- You safeguard and improve the network infrastructure for all our fulfillment centers
- You zoom in on e.g. infra, core systems and data transfer between data centers, warehouses & cloud
- You patch what needs to be patched and contribute to the discussion about structural improvements
- You develop your knowledge and skills at a rapid pace –growth opportunities are included!
- You will participate in a standby schedule to keep uptime on the highest levels
As Network Engineer, you rule (cough) the network infrastructure that keeps our fulfillment and data centers up & (preferably smoothly) running. This is incredibly impactful work. For example because of the immense scale of the operation – we have an enormous fulfillment center in Waalwijk, we’re building a second one there and we have a warehouse for plus-sizes. The infrastructure to manage all of this has to be flawless, including the data transfer between the various data centers and cloud. It’s up to you to make sure it is. For example by installing, configuring and patching network devices and servers. You’ll do this with considerable autonomy and on premise. In other words, you’ll be welcomed (hopefully with cheers) at the various fulfillment centers. At the same time, you’re also part of an enthusiastic team that’s famous for its delightfully absurd (which colleagues on other teams mispronounce as atrocious) sense of humor.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Because you have an HBO level vocational degree (preferably IT administration)
- Because you have extended experience and knowledge of Linux, IP protocols, Wi-Fi, BGP, MPLS, VXLAN, EVPN
- Because you have a driver’s license (rijbewijs B) and don’t mind working at different locations
- Because you can’t empathize with end users. Why the constant rush?
- Because you don’t want to grow; your current skills and knowledge are all you’ll need till the day you retire
- Because it’s scary to claim ownership when mistakes can have huge consequences
Where you’ll work
As Network Engineer, you’re on our Network team, which is the part of the Provisioning fleet, responsible for the availability, performance and security of all of our core systems. If you zoom out a bit, you’ll see that this is part of what we call the technical platform space, which is the tectonic plate you inhabit in the overall bol.com IT world. You have four direct colleagues – boring types who are highly allergic to parties and drinks 😉 – but you also interact with employees at our fulfillment centers. We are a market leader with the spirit of an energetic scale up. Our strength is based on our cooperation as equals and our drive to continuously improve each other. You can accomplish only so much on your own as Network Engineer. And so much more with your 1900 colleagues.
What you get
What you get
Besides workAt bol.com there is also a lot to do after work. Most of the activities are initiated by our own colleagues. That’s why all activities are very diverse and always voluntary. For example playing sports, team activities, Friday drinks or meetups.
Attention to youWe are continuously focused on innovation and getting better every day. Because we work in a dynamic environment and our organization is growing rapidly, your development will grow together with bol.com.
Extra ServiceBesides legal conditions, we also have interesting extra's for you. For example relocation allowance, support with your relocation, free parking and staff discount on all bol.com articles.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)
Any questions? Contact
Login als medewerker en geniet van:
- Extra content voor je loopbaan
- Écht nieuwe vacatures
- Een betere, toegespitste ervaring