How do you make our customers happy?
By developing product management craftsmanship throughout bol.com. Each (digital) product in the bol.com portfolio serves a specific need of the 11 million customers and 30,000 partners that interact on our retail tech platform. The better these products perform, the more we can positively impact their lives. So we strive to become best in class. An ambition that you can help us achieve by enhancing the craftsmanship of our product managers.
The biggest challenge
We just launched the bol.com Product Organization (Technology Products), which consists of 49 products and is co-managed by our business and tech communities. These 49 products are key building blocks of the bol.com platform and (therefore) main enablers of our strategic goals. We expect you to raise our product management craftsmanship to a level that reflects our position as a leading European tech company. In this role you create learning solutions, development routes, get to experiment with product management methodologies and develop & run a co-leadership program for product management.
Your responsibilities as Product Management Learning Partner
- You pinpoint quickly evolving product management development needs
- You create and cultivate learning & development solutions that enhance the product management craftsmanship of Product Owners and Product Managers
- You work together with teams to experiment with solutions, and introduce and promote product management tools and techniques. For example in the field of Discovery
- You initiate win-win partnerships (and enter into contracts with) external vendors that can help us develop new learning solutions. And you go on to manage those relationships proactively
- You (co)create development routes for Product Managers and Product Owners, and drive adoption in the bol.com organization
- You (co)develop co-leadership within the bol.com innovation community, and liaise with HR, transition coaches and innovation leaders
As Product Management Learning Partner, you have a blank slate to establish your role in the new Innovation Support team. Together with 12 colleagues, your primary goal is to advance innovation effectiveness by boosting product management craftsmanship. You’re a member of the WoW design subteam and work closely with the WoW Design Lead (reporting line) and WoW designer. You are a product management visionary who identifies and introduces new methodologies, inspire product leaders (your ‘customers’) and a discussion partner for the HR People & Organization Development team. Familiarize yourself with the company by charting our business ambitions and use those insights to define product management goals that shape the role and impact of craftsmanship development.
What challenges do product teams face? Which challenges are shared, and which are specific to each of the eight product domains? Which learning solutions will help overcome those challenges quickly, effectively and durably? Translate needs and wishes into smart learning & development initiatives that make a real difference. Create buy-in for your proposals and keep the community up to speed on the issues and initiatives. What improvements have already gone live and what is coming next? The role obviously requires you to be in tune with relevant market developments, and to actively share outside-in perspectives. What works (for us) and what doesn’t? Find out by experimenting with the product teams!
You Build it, You run it, You Love it
We expect you and your team members to design (build) as well as implement (run) your own initiatives. Consider it a product that you continuously improve, based on an ever-evolving product vision and constant customer feedback. This entails reflecting on the validity of past hypotheses and using current results and metrics to continuously adapt your approach.
Why you can make the difference
Technology is the main enabler of our transformation into a retail tech platform. The design of our new Product organization is clear. The people are in position. We’re ready for you to come set everything in motion. This requires an understanding of software engineering processes, and true passion for product management and leadership development.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you’re an experienced product manager with proven people skills
- Yes, if you love to accelerate change towards an (increasingly) agile organization
- Yes, if you believe people learn and develop more on the job than in classroom settings
- Not, if you are allergic to co-creation and going solo is your mojo!
- Not, if you’re not eager to connect with, engage and inspire our product organization and its leaders
- Not, if you love to develop attractive learning solutions for their own sake, and consider results a byproduct… if you even consider the results at all
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 11 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 20 million articles. A platform that helps 30,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999. And we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,000 colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Let’s change retail together to make everyday life easier. The setting is open and pioneering. Autonomy is encouraged. You can socialize on our soccer field, in the games room and in the bar on Friday afternoons. Gezellig!
What you get
What you get
Attention to youWe are continuously focused on innovation and getting better every day. Because we work in a dynamic environment and our organization is growing rapidly, your development will grow together with bol.com.
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)
Any questions? Contact
Login als medewerker en geniet van:
- Extra content voor je loopbaan
- Écht nieuwe vacatures
- Een betere, toegespitste ervaring