How do you make our customers happy?
Data Science at bol.com is all about driving the best possible shopping experience for more than 8 million customers in the Netherlands and Belgium. From finding that perfect gift for a loved one to ordering and receiving the next size diapers for junior – there’s a personal story behind every purchase. We already have some impressive technology in place to ensure that customers find our store, simplify on-site searches, recommend relevant products, forecast sales, help our partners make great offers and much, much more.
But we want to put even more smart and scalable technology behind our stores, and that is where you come in. To build those applications and the teams building them, we need exceptional talent: Product Managers. The people that go deep in both business and technology and are exceptionally able to conceptualize, sell and build our data science and machine learning applications with their teams.
Your responsibilities as a Product Manager Data Science
- You are a natural leader. You know how to get highly skilled teams moving as a coach, not( only) as a manager.
- You think like a scientist, but move like a marine (put differently, you are both analytical and pragmatic)
- You are experienced both in business and technology on the strategic and implementation level
- You are able to positively influence the people around you (at every level) to align and reach your goals
- You know P from P: a Product is not a Project nor only a Process.
- Yes, you will manage a backlog, define epics and (help) write stories. But that is an instrument, not your goal.
- It’s a big plus if you have experience and expertise in data science or applied machine learning
Our product managers are our most natural innovators.They are leaders at heart, motivating and driving their teams. It is up to them to identify the next innovations that will blow the minds of our customers and outline their rationales effectively. As a product manager you’ll design the routes to capture the opportunity. And optimize for learning – for your product, your team and yourself. You know how to iterate towards that goal and work with and alongside your team to set goals and develop smart solutions that start small but can scale to bol.com standards.
We are currently specifically looking for Product Managers to head our Real-time Analytics team (we have our own streaming analytics, which is awesome) and Experimentation team (where we expect you to make running experiments for 60+ IT teams really, really easy).
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- You have a relentless focus on your customers and put them front and center
- You believe in data-driven product development and are convinced learning matters most
- You have a truly agile mindset and understand agile in larger organizations
- You spent your working life only in business contexts and far away from technology teams
- You know code but not much more
- You are not very curious by nature, or hardly change opinions based on new insight
Where you’ll work
As a Product Manager in our Data Science & Advanced Analytics group, you get to decide where your product should go, find and use the data to prove it and you get the team to deliver. It is your job to drive innovation, involve and align all of bol.com, and deliver the applications that materialize the promises you make.
What you get
What you get
A blue and save landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Attention to youWe are continuously focused on innovation and getting better every day. Because we work in a dynamic environment and our organization is growing rapidly, your development will grow together with bol.com.
Besides workAt bol.com there is also a lot to do after work. Most of the activities are initiated by our own colleagues. That’s why all activities are very divers and always voluntarily. for example playing sports, team activities, Friday drinks or meetups.
How it works
Your applicationCarefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
First contactWe call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
First dateIn this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out of this job is a match made in heaven.
Your next interviewBefore the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
Is this love?2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)