How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 13 million Dutch and Belgian customers. A mission we take on with 47,000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with unique propositions. Combined, we offer 33 million articles and you could window-shop for years! But what we really want is to help our customers quickly find the perfect products for them. That might sound easy, but it does mean we have to know what those products are, preferably before they do…
The biggest challenge
Our ultimate goal is to know exactly what our customers want. Because that’s what it takes to guide customers to the right product and provide optimally relevant information. Here in the Customer Core Tech domain, our daily work consists of delivering those kinds of innovations. We are organized into two products: ‘Get The Right Message’ and ‘Know The Customer’. Both products consist of several scrum teams in which ambitious product owners, business analysts, engineers/developers, and data scientists work together, and with the customer’s permission, to inject more cross-channel relevance and meaning into our customer interactions.
What your scrum team is responsible for
- Enabling marketers to display the most relevant message in our direct messaging channels: email and app push messaging
- Setting up and implementing innovations, maintaining services, and running our direct messaging channels
- The team collaborates with 3rd parties to send messages (Selligent and Airship)
- The Get The Right Message product also manages a substantial project to set up a decision machine that will determine our cross-channel ‘Next Best Message’. Your team is directly involved and responsible for delivering this ‘message’ to our email and app push messaging channels
- The team consists of you, four engineers/developers, and a business analyst
Your responsibilities as Product Owner Direct Messaging Channels
- Develop and disseminate our vision for Direct Messaging channels, together with business stakeholders from Customer Excellence
- Define goals that enable the team to fulfill bol.com’s ambitions; and devise a strategy to successfully accomplish these goals
- Set and measure KPIs that define success and that your leading IT and Business stakeholders agree on
- You and your team are responsible for the performance, maintenance, support, and innovation roadmap for our direct messaging channels and keeping all stakeholders informed
- You prioritize work for the team and strive to maximize the team’s value
- You inspire your scrum team and work with your engineering manager to maintain conducive team dynamics
- You discuss medium and long term ideas for Get the right message with the Product Manager and make plans to realize them
In short, you and your team are responsible for realizing significant marketing innovations at bol.com. The Next Best Message machine enables us to conduct-cross channel marketing with machine learning models. And to optimally position ourselves for the future.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have 3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner and a passion for personalized marketing through direct messaging channels
- Yes, if you can tell stakeholders ‘no’ and maintain a good relationship
- Yes, if you can build bridges and connect the business departments with IT
- No, if tying a multitude of ideas together isn’t your forte
- No, if you’d rather enjoy the view from the beaten path and aren’t terribly curious about new possibilities and improvements
- No, if you can communicate well enough in Dutch but dread communicating in English
Where you’ll work
You’ll land in Customer Core Tech, an innovation department within Marketing & Shopping. Here we develop innovations and technical tools that enable Marketing & Shopping to reach customers with greater efficiency and focus. We mainly zoom in on strategic issues, such as the Next Best Message Machine, customer attributes, customer prediction models, privacy & consent, personal recommendations, and email & app messaging innovations.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)