How do you make our customers happy?
With 10 million customers, 30 million monthly visits and about 16 million products on display, bol.com is the most successful online retail platform in The Netherlands and Belgium. And when we say ‘platform’, we mean it. Well over 23,500 external partners – and counting – enrich the product base. Data-driven, adventurous (making mistakes is no biggie, as long as learnings are shared), we intend to deliver on our promise to make life easier and more fun for customers. And that is exactly what our 500 IT professionals (25% internationals), who comprise 90+ autonomous Scrum teams, do.
The biggest challenge
Although our business model may sound familiar, our approach to network retailing sets us apart from the usual suspects. So much so, in fact, that while we admire the achievements of international platforms, we don’t necessarily consider them our peers. We opt for a more localized approach (up close and personal!) and our ways of working reflect our idiosyncratic DNA. At bol.com, it’s all about autonomy and taking ownership, so end-to-end responsibility is the norm. Can you shoulder that?
Your responsibilities as Software Engineer Cloud & Data
- Developing robust, high-performance solutions that are used by 90+ scrum teams
- Thinking of ways to make self-service solutions scalable and future-proof
- Taking full, end-to-end ownership over your solutions
- Taking full advantage of everything the (Google) Cloud has to offer
As a Software Engineer, you will join one of our Scrum teams within The Platform Space, keeping the fabric of our entire universe together. We enable roughly 500 developers in other spaces to shine like stars. Home to the hardcore techies, we deliver the self-service solutions for Data: Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, PostgreSQL and a lot more.
Your tech stack includes:
- Java (8+, Spring Boot)
- Google Cloud stack (k8s, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, …)
- Depending on the situation:
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Because you take pride in writing high quality code and you care if your code performs well in production
- Because you’re a true pioneer, both when it comes to coding and tooling
- Because you’re not afraid to make decisions which could have a big technical impact
- Because business concerns don’t concern you #letthemeatcode
- Because you’re afraid when you realize you’re the one who is responsible for creating solutions for 2-billion-rows data sets
- Because you want to be taken by the hand; autonomy & ownership are not your thing
Where you’ll work
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Extra ServiceBesides legal conditions, we also have interesting extra's for you. For example relocation allowance, support with your relocation, free parking and staff discount on all bol.com articles.
Besides workAt bol.com there is also a lot to do after work. Most of the activities are initiated by our own colleagues. That’s why all activities are very diverse and always voluntary. For example playing sports, team activities, Friday drinks or meetups.
How it works
Your applicationCarefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
First contactWe call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
First dateIn this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Your next interviewBefore the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
Is this love?2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)