How do you make our customers happy?
With over 8 million customers, 30 million monthly visits and roughly 15 million products on display, bol.com is the largest online shopping platform in The Netherlands and Belgium. Data-driven, adventurous (mistakes are allowed, as long as learnings are shared) and boldly going where no online retailer has gone before, we want to deliver on our promise to make life easier and more fun for all our customers. And that is exactly what our 350 IT-professionals, working in 60+ autonomous Scrum teams, do on a daily basis. Join in?
Your responsibilities to create the best shopping experience
As Software Engineer you’ll develop, test and implement Java solutions, both for our shopping-platform and back-end processes. In an autonomous team, where insights are shared continually, and challenges are overcome through solid teamwork. Plus copious amounts of coffee. Together with your colleagues, you oversee software from development to production, innovating as you go along, both from a functional and a technical standpoint. You’ll join one of three “feature spaces” within our IT organization:
- The Retail Platform Space develops a best in class toolbox that seamlessly facilitates buying, product enrichment, sales and reporting.
- The Shopping Experience Space is all about our customers, so optimizing the customer experience is key. Focus areas range from responsive websites to personalization.
- The Fulfillment Network Space helps us meet or exceed customer expectations. CRM platforms, our Warehouse Management System and logistics processes are examples.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Because there’s nothing you like more than translating functional requirements into infinitely scalable solutions
- Because you have ‘DevOps’ and ‘Build IT, run IT, love IT’ tattoos all over your back
- Because you don’t want to build things on a ‘first time right basis’; jeez, take it easy!
- Because you are allergic to autonomy, complex challenges and business demands
- Because you prefer to work alone instead of with a team
Where you’ll work
What you get
What you get
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
Extra ServiceBesides legal conditions, we also have interesting extra's for you. For example relocation allowance, support with your relocation, free parking and staff discount on all bol.com articles.
The bol.com campusAn open en inspiring work environment, with creative open spaces, meeting rooms and silent areas, as our library. But we also offer possibilities to work out in our gym, ping-pong table or our soccer field and game room. Want to recharge? Go to our massage chairs.
Besides workAt bol.com there is also a lot to do after work. Most of the activities are initiated by our own colleagues. That’s why all activities are very divers and always voluntarily. for example playing sports, team activities, Friday drinks or meetups.
How it works
Your applicationCarefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
First contactWe call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
First dateIn this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out of this job is a match made in heaven.
Your next interviewBefore the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
Is this love?2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)