How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million customers. A mission we take on with 42,000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with customer-centric propositions. Combined, we offer 28 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute. All of these orders are processed in our highly mechanized warehouses. These warehouses, including our stock and colleagues, are protected by a centralized security platform (Genetec), which is the spider in a web of cameras, access controls, lockers, gates, and interfaces. As a System Engineer, you contribute to our security ambitions by continuously improving this platform and keeping an eye out for new opportunities.
Your responsibilities as System Engineer Security System
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including our security platform partner, the bol.com Security Officer and our IT teams
- Detect operational challenges and proactively initiate solutions that meet our security policies
- Join (and bolster) the Warehouse IT Support team and improve our ways of working
- Maintain and improve the IT infrastructure our security platform runs on
- Driving force behind the implementation of the security system (hardware and software) at new sites
- Continuously improve the platform; spot and patch weaknesses, and identify and act on opportunities
As a System Engineer for our security system, you join a team of ~15-20 colleagues that claims ownership over our warehouse IT solutions. You work closely with colleague engineers and enable our 1st line support to solve issues autonomously. You keep tabs with internal experts in the IT, security, and logistics domains. And you participate in various projects. All of this on top of your primary responsibility of maintaining and growing the Security platform. You will mostly work in our fulfillment center in Waalwijk but some travel is required, mostly to our headquarters in Utrecht and our Nieuwegein fulfillment center. As for our warehouses, these impressive, energy-neutral facilities are home to innovative logistics solutions with a huge tech component. Everything inside is either new or brand spanking new, so for now there is still some fine-tuning to do. Once that’s done, we will keep pioneering and improving our solutions (build IT, run IT, love IT). This means you will have a large degree of autonomy, and it’s important that you assume ownership over everything you do.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if your interest in technology isn’t limited to IT
- Yes, if your sense of responsibility doesn’t stop at the end of a UTP cable
- Yes, if you combine tech skills with communicative prowess in English and Dutch
- No, if IT means only network, Windows and Linux to you
- No, if you don’t want to switch between our HQ and fulfillment centers in Waalwijk and Nieuwegein
- No, if you like things to stay the same
Where you’ll work
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)