How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million customers. A mission we take on with 42,000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with customer-centric propositions. Combined, we offer 28 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute (Black Friday 2020). All of these orders need to be processed quickly and efficiently. We accomplish this in highly mechanized warehouses, where we maintain thousands of devices. As System Engineer Warehouse Devices, you contribute to our warehousing ambitions by maintaining and improving our device infrastructure and keeping an eye out for – and seizing – new opportunities.
The biggest challenge
We’re growing like wildfire and need to manage, tune and innovate many, very diverse devices, so our warehouses can keep up with the ever-growing order volume. This effort is currently supported by an external System Engineer, but we want to insource the position to boost internal ownership and control. So how do you picture the ideal device landscape? How do we maximize reliability, make sure we pick the right technologies, and deploy new apps without jeopardizing uptime?
Your responsibilities as System Engineer Devices
- Maintain and optimize the Android infrastructure with our MDM tooling, and help our internal 1st line support solve more complex tickets
- Look beyond our current devices, keep an eye out for new technologies that are worth a try; augmented reality, bring it on!
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, such as our partner for mobile devices and your IT colleagues in the warehouse Control room, the beating heart of our warehouse operation
- Update devices with new APK and firmware releases
- Manage systems proactively, spot opportunities and act accordingly
- Analyze and mitigate the impact of incidents and issues
As System Engineer Warehouse Devices, you join a team of 15-20 direct colleagues that claims ownership over mission-critical devices and warehouse security systems. Impactful work, because every order that leaves our warehouses is processed by hardware that you maintain, fine-tune and innovate. Millions of packages. And millions of fulfillment promises. Together with your colleagues, you ensure that our Android platform never misses a beat while preparing it for future volume growth. In this role you work closely with colleagues in 1st line support and keep tabs with internal experts in the IT and logistics domains. You also participate in projects, and you’re the go-to technical person for our project managers.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have Android and IT infrastructure experience and are at home in MDM solutions (we use SOTI), IT networking, and preferably Linux
- Yes, if you combine tech skills with an open attitude and communicative prowess in English and Dutch
- Yes, if you enjoy a dynamic environment and want to explore beyond the standard IT solutions (robotics, why not?)
- No, if you want to keep everything as it is – we’ve been doing it this way for years!
- No, if you don’t want to switch between projects and admin tasks, let alone different physical locations
- No, if you don’t want to be disturbed after office hours; incidents should adapt to your 9-5 mentality
Where you’ll work
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)