How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is reinventing retail to make everyday life easier. Not just by ourselves, but together with the 40,000 commercial partners that do business on our platform. In order to achieve our customer ambitions, we rely heavily on tech. It’s the preeminent enabler of our innovations! By extension, we cherish our large tech community. So it makes perfect sense to roll out the red carpet for new talents. And to continually boost the personal and professional growth of existing teammates. Can you make that happen? And do you thrive in an international setting where code is the universal language?
Your responsibilities as Tech Onboarding & Training Lead
- You design and implement onboarding and training programs that resonate deeply and instinctively with your tech audience
- You keep close tabs on the tech community, pinpointing areas of underdevelopment and making sure they get developed, pronto
- You constantly update, enrich and enhance our onboarding and training program, ensuring every aspect reflects our tech DNA
- You not only help engineers get better at their current job; you empower them to easily fit into the next one
- You coordinate training activities, both IRL and in digital environments
As our Tech Onboarding & Training Lead, you are the architect of onboarding and training programs that empower the bol.com tech community. As for onboarding, it’s up to you to design and roll out a program that lets new colleagues know they are welcome and appreciated from the get-go. What info and tools will let them hit the ground running in their innovation teams? How should we cater to people (from software engineers who are fresh out of university to seasoned data scientists) and varying nationalities? In addition to this, you shape our training curriculum, making sure that each and every member of the tech community grows. Both as a crafts(wo)man and as a person.
The program you design and roll out should be ‘all inclusive’. You work closely with the community (and its leaders) to identify emerging needs. And although you are expected to develop training material yourself, feel free to borrow from peers as well. Lastly, you orchestrate the availability of trainings for all channels. This includes ‘traditional’ classroom setups, e-learning and our learning environment: the aptly named Studybol, though you would need to know Dutch to get that pun. 😉
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, because you know how to engage techies and inspire them to grow
- Yes, because you may not be able to write code, but you understand those who do
- Yes, because you are structured and can organize like a boss
- Not, because your communication skills lag behind your other qualities
- Not, because you’d rather optimize an existing program than develop one from scratch
- Not, because you are full of ideas, but rarely act upon them
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 11 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 20 million articles. A platform that helps 40.000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999. And we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,000 colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Let’s change retail together to make everyday life easier. Because every day brings new opportunities. Our tech people share a strong ambition to work hard and play hard in equal measure. The setting is pioneering and autonomy is encouraged. Our teams deploy their own code to the production environment. And you can socialize on our soccer field, in the games room and in the bar on Friday afternoons. Gezellig!
What you get
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)
Any questions? Contact
Login als medewerker en geniet van:
- Extra content voor je loopbaan
- Écht nieuwe vacatures
- Een betere, toegespitste ervaring