Please note that the program starts on the 15th of September 2022.
With over 12 million customers and roughly 31 million products on display, bol.com is the #1 online retail platform in The Netherlands and Belgium. Data-driven, realistic (mistakes are fine, as long as learnings are shared) and boldly going where no online retailer has gone before, we want to deliver upon our promise to engage and inspire all of our customers. Sound like something worth going for? We offer IT talent the unique opportunity to become an all-round Software Engineer.
What you do
As an IT Young Professional, you’ll be assigned to one of our autonomous scrum teams. Each team is responsible for an individual aspect of our platform. Here, you will further develop and improve your team’s specific application (microservices). And the pace is fast; you can develop and go live with a user story in your first week! So your actions will have an immediate impact on customers and third-party sellers. After the first year, you’ll switch to a different scrum team to maximize the learning experience. The program gives you a unique opportunity to build software using your own skills and creativity. You’ll quickly discover the ins and outs of modern tooling while fixing real-world problems. Together with your colleagues – people that share technological insights, ambitions, and challenges continuously – you are a driver of change. And you’re allowed to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. We love technology and we love our work, but we’re not infallible. In our world, we take risks, move fast and learn quickly.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - You are done learning Because you know just about everything already; you’re done learning!
- - You don't believe open source is the future Because you don’t believe open source (and giving back to the community) is the future
- - You are bad at losing Because you won’t (ever!) set foot in our games room or on our soccer field
- + You have a relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree Because you have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.) with up to 1-year professional working experience
- + You are a team player Because you are a true team player who can work in sync with the business
- + You are a born coder Because you are a born coder, you just have to discover what you want to code exactly
What you get
Bol.com offers an IT-driven setting where a cross-functional attitude is a norm and maximizing customer value is the shared ambition. We embrace innovation and new technologies. If you want to investigate new tooling, go for it. The work environment includes an on-campus soccer field, hackathons, fitness facilities, a games room, and Friday afternoon get-togethers at our own bar. The setting is informal, unpretentious, and innovative. Our strength is a sense of cooperation among equals that drives us to continuously improve ourselves and each other. You can achieve good things alone, and greater things together. Want to know what challenges we face and how we overcome them? Check the Techlab for our latest IT-blogs!
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
BonusThe bonus is calculated at the end of the year and we always end the year with a fun party!
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!