Senior Web Data Analyst Raider of data treasure troves
- Bachelor / Master
- 4-7 years
- 4,000 - 5,500
How do you make our customers happy?
By increasingly fine-tuning our website to meet rapidly evolving customer needs. You accomplish this by diving into our complex data sets to fuel in-depth BigQuery analyses that genuinely advance our understanding of on-site customer behavior. The hypotheses you propose with marketing and shopping will often form the basis of your research. Share your insights through powerful PowerPoints or (Tableau/Data Studio) dashboards with colleagues who can optimize the customer experience. Your work enables everyone else to make the right choices for our website and app.
What you’ll do as Senior Web Data Analyst?
You are the ‘data conscience’ of the Marketing & Shopping domain and supply colleagues with a non-stop flow of actionable insights. That starts with cataloging and occasionally abstracting hypotheses, which can be submitted by the business or personally devised, and looking for ways in which they can contribute to commercial success. You confidently demonstrate previously unsuspected links and eliminate needless complexity in the process. Your primary data sources contain a wealth of on-site customer behavior information. From streams with detailed view and click behavior per page feature, to customer journey data with navigation behavior and conversion paths. In short, you have access to an extremely bountiful, complex, and growing data landscape. To get the most out of this environment, you’ll need to apply your considerable query prowess with a passionate drive to pioneer!
You’re not analyzing for science’s sake in this role but to make a real difference for colleagues and customers: you’re determined to make an impact. You present conclusions and recommendations to peak colleagues’ interest and inspire them to take action. With four colleagues, you also claim ownership of the customer journey, our front-end data definitions, and the quality of our measurements, so that we can be confident the entire organization means and sees the same thing. As Web Data Analyst, you naturally also pilot new tools and try to distill new KPIs from the web data – KPIs that provide insights and incentives. Your days are filled with a mix of data analysis (50%), stakeholder management (25%), and conceptual/strategic thinking (25%).
- You methodically find your way in the wealth of bol.com web data sources
- You analyze customer behavior data, often at the business’ request and occasionally on your own initiative, when following up on a personal hypothesis, and distill the most relevant insights
- You present these insights with passion and conviction (colleagues should be rearing to put your wisdom to good use) in PowerPoint, notebooks, and/or through dashboards
- You co-own the customer journey, front-end data definitions, and metrics
- You love to experiment and have 4+years data analysis experience
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - Safety first Experimenting and trying new things are scary
- - You love to finish early You consider analytical insights to be final products instead of the first steps towards great innovations
- - You don’t have a data compass You have no experience analyzing large databases
- + Your CV lists all the right skills and experience You combine a quantitative Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with a healthy dose of data-analytical experience, preferably with vast data sets.
- + You can discuss any topic with any stakeholder You enjoy discussing complex issues in terms that (sorry, granny) granny would understand
- + You ♥ SQL/BigQuery Period.
This is where you’ll work
In this role, you’ll work in Marketing & Shopping Intelligence with 11 direct colleagues, including 5 web analysis specialists. There are opportunities galore to leverage data to benefit the customer and boost commercial results. And the setting? We’re open, pioneering, and informal. With all of the activities and celebrations you associate with that.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
On and offAt bol.com we understand like no other that you have to take care of yourself first, then your environment and then bol.com. In that order. Therefore, everyone at bol.com receives 29 days of vacation.
RelocationBol.com wants to ensure that you make the best possible transition. We offer relocation assistance to the Netherlands from the moment you have the job.
BonusThe bonus is calculated at the end of the year and we always end the year with a fun party!