How do you make our customers happy?
By helping the right talent find their way to the right bol.com team. As you know, this is a challenging mission because the talent pool resembles a puddle in the Sahara desert on a particularly hot day. Companies have to hustle to spot and engage talent. You focus on two domains. Firstly, on Marketing & Shopping. This is where we extend the customer lifecycle, which requires an influx of marketing talent. Marketing & Shopping also innovates Shopping, which calls for additional tech-savvy business analysts and product owners.
Your second focus is on Finance, Operations & Legal. Here we’re looking for eager professionals to demonstrate that scalability and reliability can go hand in hand. We are also looking for new colleagues to help us introduce customer-centric (!) payment-after-delivery options, ‘filter’ partners, and develop matching engines and checkout flows. It’s up to you and the hiring managers to set the recruitment strategy and drive execution. A mix of strategic thinking, facilitating business partnerships, innovating processes, managing stakeholders, and enabling managers.
What you’ll do as Lead Recruiter
As Lead Recruiter, you develop and implement the recruitment strategy for both business domains to recruit the right talent for bol.com. A role with extreme impact, considering the significant contributions Marketing and Finance make to our long-term commercial success. And because our organization is rapidly expanding, this also makes you a growth hacker: you are constantly looking for better, smarter, and (whenever possible) more measurable ways to facilitate growth. While maintaining the quality of hire, of course, and always delivering unforgettable candidate experiences. You’ll start by analyzing our current strategy and gathering input from the right business stakeholders to determine existing weaknesses and expected developments. Futurology light!
You can then proceed to perfect or – alternatively – radically innovate our strategy. This will entail an ongoing dialogue with business stakeholders and fellow members of the Recruitment (Lead) team. What will each domain look like in six months, next year, in two years? What kind of people do we need to get there? And how can you convince busy stakeholders that ‘your’ strategy is the only correct approach? Build a talent pipeline by leveraging all available sourcing tactics (social media, job boards, referral, data mining, conventions, networks, and so forth) and/or by developing and operationalizing disruptive tactics. Pioneering is not an option; it’s a requirement. 😉
- You search, select and attract the right talent for bol.com using your recruitment strategy
- You ensure this strategy reflects our business ambitions and targets candidate audiences effectively
- You execute the recruitment strategy and adjust when needed: what can we do better?
- You are the conscience of recruitment, on whom senior business stakeholders rely: you achieve what you set out to accomplish and maximize the impact, and added value of recruiting initiatives
- You keep an eye on the market (what are similar companies doing?), are always on top of developments and trends, and see how we can differentiate ourselves
- You help shape our employer branding for your specific audiences
Why you can make a difference?
Because you’re a strategically skillful recruiter. Someone who gets a kick out of every successful hire, and an even bigger kick out of developing and executing a strategy that improves opportunities for future hires. In-house corporate (!) recruitment experience in large volume settings is a hard requirement. If that experience (partly) applies to hiring international talent, even better. In this role, success hinges on your skill as a stakeholder manager and your ability to present your vision with the hurricane force of an opera singer and the sensitivity of a singer/songwriter. You also have a passion for developing inspiring candidate journeys and master the intricacies of the full range of recruitment tactics.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - You are all about the hunt No, if you consider strategy a secondary concern
- - You don’t think in terms of target groups No, if you need to force yourself to think and act in terms of target groups (outside-in)
- - You’re a one-trick pony No, if your experience is limited to a single recruitment domain, such as logistics, tech, or sales
- + You personify recruitment Yes, if you combine a master’s degree and full knowledge of the Dutch language with 7+ years of recruitment experience that includes intensive cooperation with/serving as the primary sounding board for stakeholders at management level
- + Your data speaks volumes Yes, if you take a data-driven approach and have the enthusiasm and persuasive powers to win support for your vision
- + You think like the business Yes, if you have an in-house recruiter mindset and advance the right candidates: people who match on all levels
This is where you’ll work
As Lead Recruiter, you’ll land in Recruitment (47 incredibly enthusiastic colleagues) and report to Asmara Schmit, Manager Talent Acquisition. You are a member of the Lead team that designs and effectuates domain strategies. This role provides ample scope to distinguish and develop yourself, in part because you help shape the role. This position requires a mature sense of ownership, a keen pioneering drive, and comprehensive professional expertise.
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
BonusThe bonus is calculated at the end of the year and we always end it with a fun party!
On and offAt bol.com we understand like no other that you have to take care of yourself first, then your environment and then bol.com. In that order. Therefore, everyone at bol.com receives 29 days of vacation.
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!