How do you make our customers happy?
In any way you see fit. 😉 But mainly by enabling 47,000 partners to delight our 13+ million customers. As the new kid on the team Mirage block, you leverage your Go skills to process vast amounts of product media (images, video, audio, documents, etc.) for the 33 million articles in our catalog. This lets our partners serve customers with relevant product information across our entire customer-facing ecosystem. E.g., on our hugely popular website and IOS/Android app. A highly visible and impactful role!
What you’ll do
We are a successful, autodidactic global platform retailer. Yes, there are others out there, but we don’t assume their take on platform retailing is necessarily the be-all and end-all solution. So rather than look for approaches to copy/paste, we revel in our idiosyncratic focus on localization and personalization. As our go-to Go Software Engineer, you join the team that takes media processing to the next level. And the ones after. That calls for an experienced engineer. Someone who is used to developing and maintaining highly available, hugely resilient, and (preferably infinitely) scalable applications. Leveraging your understanding of distributed systems, app/database performance, and your penchant for cloud-native technologies, you and your team assume end-to-end ownership of the media processing pipeline. Autonomy is a given. And we live (and sometimes virtually die) by the ‘You build it, you run it, you love it’ mantra. The TLDR version:
- Develop clean, high-performant code, mainly but not exclusively (we aren’t monogamous when it comes to tooling ;-) in Go
- Devise ways to make team solutions increasingly scalable and future-proof
- Team up with a wide range of business stakeholders to ensure that solutions add sufficient value and that we keep our priorities straight
- Take full, end-to-end ownership of team solutions
- Experiment with cutting-edge tooling – including tooling you add to the stack.
3 reasons why this is (not) for you
- - You’re manifestly terrestrial No, if you don’t feel at home in the Google Cloud Stack
- - You live in libraries No, if you want to lock yourself up in ‘traditional’ software libraries
- - You love hand-holding No, if you need your team to lead you by the hand
- + We back the same stack Yes, if you love Go, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, and Google Cloud technologies at least as much as we do
- + You’re gung-ho for Go Yes, if you think this truly universal language needs to be spoken everywhere!
- + You pioneer with gusto Yes, if that statement applies to both your coding and tooling practices
Where you’ll work
You’ll join team Mirage, part of the Product Catalog domain our team is responsible for. We conceptualized and built an intricate landscape of microservices that runs (almost) entirely in the cloud and can scale to process 15–20 million assets a day. High availability and quality guaranteed. Some of our upcoming challenges? Think enabling A/B testing for media, but also applying machine learning to label images automagically. As for our culture? Envision a tech ‘campus’, including a game room and soccer field. Despite our size, we poke fun at rigid rules and traditional work structures. We may be a market leader, but we haven’t become corporate. Good to know: over 25% of our IT staff are internationals, so we have plenty of relocation experience. As for our ways of working, check out the videos. For info on challenges (yep, we share code), visit the Techlab!
It is our responsibility to enable an environment that unleashes the power of diversity.
Perks of having a blue heart
The culture and the officeOur colleagues work hard to make the daily lives of our customers easier and more fun. But of course, we do this in an inspiring and creative environment!
The new flexible workingWe bring the best of both worlds together by working 50% at the office and 50% at home. This way, we find a balance between organisational and individual needs.
RelocationBol.com wants to ensure that you make the best possible transition. We offer relocation assistance to the Netherlands from the moment you have the job.