How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is changing retail to make daily life simpler for 12 million Dutch and Belgian customers. A mission we take on with 45,000 partners that enrich our retail tech platform with unique propositions. Combined, we offer 30 million articles. You could window shop for years! But what we really want, is to help our customers quickly find that perfect product for them. This might sound easy, but it does mean we have to know what those products are, preferably before they do…
The biggest challenge
Our ultimate goal is to know exactly what our customers want. That’s what it takes to guide customers to the right product and provide optimally relevant information. But is that goal even attainable? If you’re a member of bol.com’s largest innovation team, your answer is ‘of course!’. We’re in the business of realizing wild ambitions. The Customer Core Tech teams are staffed by enthusiastic product owners, business analysts, data scientists and engineers who work together, and with our customers’ permission, to infuse customer interactions with more cross-channel relevance and meaning.
Your responsibilities as Product Owner Cross Channel Personalization
- Develop and promote a strong vision for your product
- Set product goals consistent with bol.com’s ambition and plot a strategy to attain them
- Manage and commit a multitude of IT and business stakeholders
- Develop (team) expertise in our 3rd party technology and continuously experiment with new possibilities to get everything out of these tools
- Inspire and set priorities for your scrum team, and collaborate with Next Best Message Marketeers from the business side who implement structure and marketing messages
- Take responsibility with your team for the performance, maintenance, support and innovation roadmap of the Next Best Message machine
- Work closely together with the Business side, e.g., the Customer Experience team, as well as with data in/out teams on the IT side
- Plot future developments for your product with the area manager and make detailed plans to turn your vision into a reality
In short, you and your team are working on the largest Marketing innovation in bol.com’s history. The Next Best Message machine ensures we can execute a cross channel marketing strategy and implement machine learning models. This will open up a new way of working for the business side. For IT, integrating these 3rd party technologies entails overcoming a variety of technical challenges. What your team zooms in on:
- Wrap up the exploration phase for the Next Best Message Machine, built using 3rd party technology
- Successfully deploy and fully integrate solutions within the bol.com landscape, and coordinate processes with business departments
- Get new use cases into production to integrate additional marketing channels, as well as our website and apps
- Use learning models to further improve cross-channel customer relevance
- This new team will consist of engineers, data scientist, business analysts and the product owner
Why you can make the difference
Because you love to sink your teeth into a challenge! You are not discouraged by the prospect of managing a multitude of stakeholders. You look forward to demonstrating the machine’s capabilities and how it works to the business side, and coordinating dependencies with other IT teams. You are also a pro at making decisions and keeping an overview of progress. The implementation plan sets priorities based on business value and technical complexity of use cases. It is important to keep all stakeholders on board with these plans and keep them appraised of progress. For example, by highlighting the new results we can achieve with every use case that goes live.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you bring 5+ years of Product Owner experience to the table
- Yes, if you have a passion for, and experience with data-driven, personalized marketing
- Yes, if you can build bridges and connect marketing, data science, IT and 3rd parties
- No, if connecting people and coordinating activities isn’t your thing
- No, if you’d rather stay on the beaten track and aren’t curious about new possibilities and improvements
- No, if communicating with stakeholders in English is a tall ask
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 12 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 30 million articles. A platform that helps roughly 45,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999 and always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,300 colleagues.
You’ll land in Customer Core Tech, an innovation department within Marketing & Shopping. Here we develop innovations and technical tools that enable Marketing & Shopping to reach customers better and with improved focus. We mainly zoom in on strategic issues, such as the Next Best Message Machine, customer attributes, customer prediction models, privacy & consent, personal recommendations, and e-mail & app messaging innovations.
Bol.com, de winkel van ons allemaal (the store of us all). This is the story we work on every day. It is our belief, that this will grow even stronger when many different people add their uniqueness to our story. We invite you to share your story with us. Because when you bring different people together, the most beautiful things will arise.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)