How do you make our customers happy?
Bol.com is transforming retail to simplify daily life for 12 million customers. Not on our lonesome, but together with 39,000 partners who inspire customers with unique propositions. Together, we offer roughly 33 million products on our retail tech platform.
Product information – and by extension, images and videos – are key to platform success, as they make or break the customer experience. If the product information is correct, relevant, and easy to navigate, customers quickly find what they need. The more relevant our product information, the better the shopping experience. And that’s where you come in!
The biggest challenge
As the number of partners that sell products on our platform is rising, so is the amount and diversity of our product information. How can we innovate and scale our solutions to leverage this expanding wealth of information to our customers’ benefits (i.e. how can we serve more relevant content more efficiently)? And how can we make our process easier, and more transparent and reliable for our 39,000 partners? One thing is certain: there are no plug-and-play solutions, so we’ll have to create these solutions in-house.
Your responsibilities as a Product Owner Digital Assets
- You develop, promote and drive the overall Product Catalog vision with a focus on product images, videos and other digital assets like manuals
- You organize buy-in for that vision, both within the team and with your many stakeholders
- You ensure that all digital assets are processed and served in a scalable and reliable manner
- You actively promote a hypothesis-driven innovation approach, while ensuring that existing features continue to work flawlessly
As Product Owner Digital Assets, you maximize the Product Catalog’s impact on customers, partners and other platform consumers, You won’t face this challenge alone, but with a team of four engineers. You also work alongside business analysts, data analysts and product owners. Our joint ambition: to add value for our customers by processing and enriching product information for millions of products, quickly, efficiently and scalably. And to make the Product Catalog available and reliable 24/7 for all stakeholders, including marketing, logistics and customer service professionals.
Also, you develop a winning, long-term vision on your product and organize buy-in and enthusiasm for it, both within the team and among your stakeholders. Broad acceptance is important because the Product Catalog interacts with a myriad of other systems and disciplines. It is up to you to ensure our innovations are an appropriate/fitting solution for all end users. You also create focus for our experiment-driven way of working. How can we minimize time to market while ensuring that existing features keep working flawlessly? And of course, you operate with a keen understanding of the technological opportunities and potential bottlenecks within the domain. ‘You are your product’.
Current challenges include
- How do we create a scalable way to determine what kind of product information (in particular, digital assets) affect customer behavior, and ultimately conversion?
- How do we adapt our innovations accordingly?
- How do we share these insights with our partners so they can spend their time on topics that bring them the most value?
- How to improve the digital assets process to make it more user-friendly for our partners ?
Why you can make a difference
Because you are an experienced Product Owner who feels perfectly at ease in an Agile/Scrum working environment. Given the complexity of the domain, proven affinity with IT and Big Data, plus a big heart for both, are indispensable. That also goes for a talent to connect and inspire people. Heartfelt support for your vision is a main impact driver! Visionary qualities aside, the role calls for a pioneering mindset and a passion for data-driven experimentation. Hands on because expedited value creation based on prototypes and experiments is key. You also need in-depth understanding of the underlying technical processes, a radar for innovations that add value for customers and partners, and the ability to create structure and focus for the team.
3 reasons why this is(n’t) for you
- Yes, if you have an academic background, topped off with 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner
- Yes, if your track record shows you know how to leverage data for value, and are not afraid to experiment
- Yes, if you can vigorously substantiate your vision and create traction with contagious enthusiasm
- No, if you cannot zoom out far enough to see the big picture
- No, if you have many talents, but stakeholder management isn’t one of those
- No, if you have no affinity with complex business processes and are secretly scared of technology
Where you’ll work
At the premier online retail tech platform in the Netherlands and Belgium. A platform where 12 million Dutch and Belgian customers can choose from over 33 million articles. A platform that helps 39,000 commercial partners run their businesses. And a platform that will never be ‘finished’, because bol.com has been reinventing retail since 1999. And we always will be. If there’s a better way to do something, we’re working on it! Together with our customers, partners, and over 2,300 colleagues. And hopefully together with you. Let’s change retail together to make every day of our customers’ life easier.
Please note that a cover letter is mandatory in this process.
What you get
What you get
A blue and safe landingWe warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about bol.com!
Money and more...Working at bol.com is challenging and therefore you get something in return. Besides salary, you will receive a yearly bonus, holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 29 days, travel allowance, group insurance and more.
How it works
Carefully, we take a look at your application. Within 2 weeks you know if we invite you for an interview.
We call you to set up an interview. And since we’re already talking: feel free to ask any question you may have.
In this first interview we’ll get to know each other. We want to find out more about you. Work experience is interesting, but we also want to find out more about you as a person. Together, we’ll find out if this job is a match made in heaven.
Before the next interview we will ask you to take an online assessment. We’ll also discuss the position and your team in depth.
2 interviews are usually enough to see if it’s a match. And if you agree… well, it’s the beautiful beginning of your career at bol.com :)